Flexible and Diverse
1 min read-
June 30, 2020
- Local government organisation.
- 600 employees and 800 volunteers, they were a diverse council area and therefore the employees were spread over 20+ sites.
- 30 senior managers and executives.
- Wanted to increase women in leadership positions
- Increase employee diversity to match community
- Disability Access and Culture Awareness
- Inflexible working arrangements and cumbersome application and approval process
- Change in flexibility conditions and increase workplace flexibility (including paid maternity, and purchased leave)
- Leadership program design for emerging female leaders (called FLIP)
- Mentoring program
- Staff working group established called “COMPANYNAME Diversity”
- Working group established a fun communication program to increase conversation and awareness (including “Global Village Morning Tea”)
- LSI and HBDI profiling for all participant
- Using the LSI diagnostic from Human Synergistics, the leadership styles review showed a trend upwards for leadership capability.
- Using the ABEF – a marked increase in confidence in leadership, and people practices was recorded.
- 20 participants in the inaugural FLIP program.
- 5 participants received professional promotions within 2 years of completion
- Unconscious bias training conducted for all leaders
- Diversity toolkit created
- Increased women in leadership positions to 43% within 2 years
- Increased council gender diversity 50% (including female mayor)
- Award – LG Excellence Award for Advancing Women in the Workplace